The Zavalla City Council will conduct it's regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. at the New Zavalla City Hall located at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas 75980.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call meeting to order
2. Establish a quorum
3. Welcome guest
5. Discuss and possible accept Billy Barrick's resignation.
6. Discuss and possible appoint someone to replace Billy Barrick's position on the City Council.
7. Swear New City Council Member.
8. Presentation by Kelly Holcomb with ANRA about Zavalla Area Water Survey
9. Open Forum
10. Zavalla Volunteer Fire Department Report
11. Discuss and possibly approve a plat for Stringer Tower.
12. Discuss and possibly approve resolution for the 2020 tax rate.
13. Discuss and possibly approve selling old water work truck and extra truck bed.
14. Discuss and possibly approve repair and sediment removal on water tank located on Marshall Street.
15. Discuss, update and possibly approve Public Investment Resolution for 2021.
16. Discuss hiring a Financial Advisor.
17. Discuss and possibly approve changes to Holiday Pay for the Police Department.
18. Discuss and possibly approve having Christmas Decorating Contest for Residential Homes located inside the City Limits.
19. Discuss and possibly approve having a Christmas Decorating Contest for Businesses located inside the City Limits.
20. Discuss and possibly approve lnterlocal Agreement with the City of Diboll pertaining to the Juvenile Case Manager.
21. Discuss and possibly approve giving Evan Wayman a six-month extension to get his wastewater license.
22. Discuss and possibly approve October 2021 bills.
23. Discuss and possibly approve September 14, 2021 minutes.
24. STAFF REPORTS
The city of Zavalla Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at anytime during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized by the Texas Government Code Sections:
a. 551.074 Consultation with City Attorney
b. 551.072 Deliberation about Real Property
c. 551.073 Deliberation about Gifts and Donation
d. 551.074 Personnel Matters
e. 551.085 Economic Development Matters
NOTE: Mayor and Council Reports on Items of Community Interest-Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.0415, the City council may report on the following items:
(l)expression of thanks, congratulation or condolences; (2) information about holiday schedules; (3) recognition of individuals; (4) reminders about upcoming City Council events;(5)information on community events; (6)announcements involving imminent threat to public health and safety.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted in a glass-enclosed case in front of City Hall at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas and available for viewing by the public on the City's webpage at cityofzavalla.com on October 08, 2021 at 10:30 am.