The Zavalla City Council will conduct its regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 6:05 p.m. at the New Zavalla City Hall located at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas 75980.
Everyone must wear a mask and they will have their temperature taken before entering the meeting.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call meeting to order
2. Establish a quorum
3. Welcome guest
5. Open Forum
6. Zavalla Volunteer Fire Department Report
7. Discuss and possibly take action to select an engineering firm to provide application and project service for the 2021-2022 TxCDBG program.
8. Discuss and possibly take action to adopt or reaffirm by resolution all financial, civil rights, equal opportunity, and citizen participation policies and plans as required by the Texas Department of Agriculture for the new water improvements grant Contract No. 7220530.
9. Discuss and possibly approve taking a donation of barricades from Amanda Sheffield.
10. Discuss and possibly take action on Ordinance #SO, pertaining to making changes on fees, etc.
11. Discuss, first read of ordinance, and possibly approve an ordinance closing, vacating and selling an alley in the City of Zavalla, Texas: proving for a Public hearing and authorizing the Mayor to execute a quit claim deed to the Abutting Property Owners.
12. Discuss and possibly approve February 9, 2021 minutes.
13. Discuss and possibly approve March 9, 2021 bills.
14. STAFF REPORTS
The City of Zavalla Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at anytime during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized the Texas Government Code sections.
a. 551.071 Consultation with Attorney
b. 551.072 Deliberation about Real Property
c. 551.073 Deliberation about Gifts and Donation
d. 551.074 Personnel Matters
e. 551.085 Economic Development Matters
NOTE; Mayor and Council Reports on Items of Community Interest-Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.0415, the City Council may report on the following items (1) expression of thanks, congratulation or condolences; (2) information about holiday schedules; (3) recognition of individuals; (4) reminders about upcoming City Council events; (5) information community events; (6) announcements involving imminent threat to public health and safety.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted in a glass-enclosed case in front of City Hall at
242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas 75980 and available for viewing by the public on the City's Webpage at cityofzavalla.com on March 5, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.