WHEREAS, City of Zavalla, has been affected by recent wild land fires and continues to be threatened by high or extreme wild land fire hazard. This threat is caused by abundant fuel and extreme dry and windy conditions across the State of Texas, in Angelina County and in the City of Zavalla;
WHEREAS, extraordinary measures must be taken to alleviate the suffering of people and to protect and/or rehabilitate property;
NOW THEREFORE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN THE CITY OF ZAVALLA MAYOR BY SECTIN 418.108 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, I DO HEREBY PROCLAIM THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH DISASTER AND DIRECT THAT ALL NECESSARY MEASURES BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE AS AUTHORIZED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS BE IMPLEMENTED TO MEET THAT DISATER:
1. That a local state of disaster if hereby proclaimed for City of Zavalla pursuant to Section 418.108 (a) of the Texas Government Code.
2. Pursuant to Section 418.108 (b) of the Government Code, this Declaration of a local state of disaster shall continue for seven(7) days unless extended by the Council of the City of Zavalla and then for so long as such conditions.
3. Pursuant to Section 418.108© of the Government code, this Declaration of local state of disaster shall be given prompt and general publicity and shall be filed promptly with the County Clerk of Angelina County.
4. Pursuant to Section 418.108(d) of the Government Code, this declaration of a local state disaster activates the City of Zavalla Emergency Management Plan.
5. The purpose of this order is the mitigation of the hazard posed by wildfires by enforcement action based upon this order.
BE IT THEREFORE ORDERED that the following emergency regulations are hereby established for area located within the incorporated area of the City of Zavalla, Texas for the duration of the declaration:
(1) Actions Prohibited:
(a) All outdoor burning of any combustible material is prohibited. A person violates this order if he burns any combustible material or orders such burning by others.
(a) Upon notification suspected outdoor burn, the fire department assigned to the location of the fire shall respond to the scene and take immediate measures to contain and/or extinguish the fire.
(b) As soon as possible, a duly-commissioned peace officer shall be sent to the scene to investigate the nature of the fire.
(c) If in the opinion of the officer at the scene and/or Fire Chief, the goal of the order can be attained by informing the responsible party about the prohibitions established by this order, the officer may, a his discretion, notify the party about the provisions of this order and request compliance with it. In such instances, an entry of the notification shall be made into the dispatchers log containing the time, date, and place of the warning, and the name of the person receiving the warning.
(3) At the discretion of peace officer and/or Fire Chief, subsequent or flagrant violations of this order may prosecuted in accordance with the statues and procedures governing misdemeanors.
BE IT ALSO ORDERED that his order may be enforced by any duly-commissioned peace officer and that the venue for prosecution of this order will be the City of Zavalla Municipal Court, Angelina County, Texas.
his Declaration and Order shall take effect immediately, until further notice,
With the exception granted to fireworks under Section 418.108 (i) of the Government Code Unless ratified and extended by the Governor of the State of Texas.
DECLARED AND ORDER THIS THE 22 DAY OF JUNE 2022.
Carlos Guzman, Mayor,
City of Zavalla
Waunesa Herrington City Secretary
City of Zavalla