The Zavalla City Council will conduct it's regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at the New Zavalla City Hall located at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas 75980.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call meeting to order
2. Establish a quorum
3. Welcome guest
5. Open Forum
6. Zavalla Volunteer Fire Department Report
7. Consider and take action approving resale bid Property ID 37831 "BEING 0.6 ACRES, MORE OR LESS, PART OF SECTION 12 OF THE E.T.RR. CO SURVEY, ABSTRACT 1033, IN THE M.T. JONES SUBDIVISION".
8. James Guest with Linebarger to present City of Zavalla with Excess Proceeds Check.
9. Consider and take action approving a three-year contract with the Linebarger Law Firm for delinquent ad valorem tax collections.
10. Budget Workshop
11. Discuss and possible approve City of Zavalla 2022 Budget.
12. Discuss and possible approve the 2021 tax rate for the 2022 Budget.
13. Discuss and possibly approve what to do with the money received off of selling old equipment
14. Discuss and possibly approve repair and sediment removal on water tank located on Marshall Street.
15. Discuss and possibly approve buying Tasers for Police Department.
16. Discuss Water Issue at Kim Rutherford's house located on Bryan Street.
17. Discuss and possibly approve giving Evan Wayman a six-month extension to get his wastewater license.
18. Discuss and possibly approve selling old water work truck and extra truck bed.
19. Discuss and possibly approve July 13, 2021 minutes
20. Discuss and possibly approve July 27, 2021 minutes
21. Discuss and possibly approve August 2021 bills
22: Discuss and possibly approve September 2021 bills.
23. Staff Reports
The City of Zavalla Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at anytime during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized by the Texas Government Code Sections:
a. 551.074 Consultation with City Attorney
b. 551.072 Deliberation about Real Property
c. 551.073 Deliberation about Gifts and Donations
d. 551.074 Personnel Matters
e. 551.085 Economic Development Matters
NOTE: Mayor and Council Reports on Items of Community Interest-Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.0415, the City Council may report on the following items: (1) expression of thanks, congratulations or condolences; (2) information about holiday schedules; (3) recognition of individuals; (4) reminders about upcoming City Council events; (5) information community events; (6) announcements involving imminent threat to public health and safety.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted in a glass-enclosed case in front of City Hall at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas and available for viewing by the public on the City's webpage at cityofzavalla.com on September 10, 2021 at 10:00am.