The Zavalla City Council will conduct its regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 6:00p.m. at the New Zavalla City Hall located at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas 75980.
Everyone must wear a mask and they will have their temperature taken before entering the meeting.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Establish a quorum
3. Welcome guest
5. Open Forum
6. Zavalla Volunteer Fire Department Report
7. Discuss and possibly decide on the Law Firm for the City of Zavalla's tax collection.
8. Call the May 1, 2021 General Election.
9. Discuss and possibly approve the two 12-hour days for the May General Election in 2021.
10. Discuss and possibly make a decision on Claude McDonald's water account #546 for when his water meter was read in December 2020.
11. Discuss and possibly make a decision about a refund on Dennis Sammon's water account #917.
12. Discuss and possibly approve the 2020 racial profiling report, that is submitted to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
13. Discuss and possibly approve amendment to Ordinance 48.
14. Discuss and take possible action on lay off due to insufficient funds.
15. Discuss and possibly approve February 2021 bills.
16. Discuss and possibly approve January 12, 2021 minutes.
17. Discuss and possibly approve January 26, 2021 minutes.
18. STAFF REPORTS
The City of Zavalla Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at anytime during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized the Texas Government Code sections.
a. 551.074 Consultation with Attorney
b. 551.072 Deliberation about Real Property
c. 551.073 Deliberation about Gifts and Donation
d. 551.074 Personnel Matters
e. 551.085 Economic Development Matters
NOTE; Mayor and council Reports on Items of Community Interest-Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.0415,-the City Council may report on the following items (1) expression of thanks, congratulation or condolences;(2) information about holiday schedules;(3) recognition of individuals; (4) reminders about upcoming City Council events; (S) information community events; (6) announcements involving imminent threat to public health and safety.
I certify that his Notice of Meeting was posted in a glass-enclosed case in front of City Hall at 242 E. Main Street, Zavalla, Texas and available for viewing by the public on the City's Webpage at cityofzavalla.com on February 5, 2021 at 10:30am.